They should be the most used colors in your theme.
In ComboStrap, they are called:
The primary color is the color
- displayed most frequently with the most importance
- that should have the most lightness and saturation
The secondary color :
- is the second color in importance
- is used to give another color accent if your theme is dual-tone.
- is darker and mostly used in the text (This is the default color of icon for instance)
Color Name Precedence
When the color are set, they will take precedence:
- as color name
- and as color type.
For instance, a button:
- that has the primary type has default
- will take the primary color of this installation (ie #7611F7)
<btn>[[#|A button with the default primary color]]</btn>
Branding Color Inheritance
The branding color inheritance is a feature that will apply automatically the primary color to the following component.
You can set the brand colors in the configuration with the primary-color and secondary-color property.
Disable the branding color inheritance
The image below shows as example a list of primary/secondary colors that are the basic block for a theme.
This list of colors is used by Chrome to choose your theme for your profile (chrome://settings/manageProfile)