Sharing a link will show on every Facebook post a card thanks to the Facebook social graph metadata added to each ComboStrap page.
You can check the generated card before posting with the sharing debugger.
List of metadata
The following metadata's are used in the card:
- for the og:description: the description
- for the og:image: the image.
- for the og:type: the page type
- for the og:locale: the locale - if the locale cannot be derived, we set the default Facebook value (en_US).
If the page is of the article type, we add also the article metadata
You can see the image used for Facebook in the metadata manager.
If the value is grayed, this is the default value.
If you set an image, the image must be at a minimum of 200px by 200px. The best format is 524×274 as this is the card dimension. 1)
The default image is chosen via this algorithm:
- The Facebook image of the page if set
- The featured raster image if found
- The first image of the page if set
- The Facebook image of the parent page if found
- The featured raster image of the parent page if found
- The first image of the parent page if found
- until the website home page
You can set the following configuration:
|facebookDefautImage||the default image if no image is found||:logo-facebook.png|