Keyboard shortcuts are available and are really handy for editing and navigating a page.
They prevent hand problem by minimizing the usage of the mouse
The shortcuts are also called wiki/access key.
The first combination of key to press may be different by browser. This article assumes Firefox or Chrome
- To edit a page, type Shift + Alt + E
- In the editor:
- Shift + Alt + L to open the link wizard.
- Shift + Alt + P for preview
- Shift + Alt + S for save
- To go to the search box:
- Alt + Shift + F
- or Alt + D then Tab
- To create from the selected text an heading
- alt+8 for the same level than the previous heading
- alt+9 for a level lower than the previous heading
- alt+0 for a level higher than the previous heading