ComboStrap - Release 1.13 - BootStrap 4 to 5
In the release 1.13, we made Bootstrap 5 available. This page regroups all migration matters from BootStrap 4 to BootStrap 5.
ComboStrap supports the two version.
If you got any problem on this migration, don;'t hesitate to open a ticket or contact us.
New in Bootstrap 5
- JQuery is no more needed and Popper is included in one bundle.
- Text-align can now be applied conditionally by screen size
- The two new heading display style d5 and d6
Breaking changes from Combostrap 5
Start and End in place of Left and Right in Utility Class
They have been renamed and we can't do much in this case
The left and right spacing utility have been renamed to support text direction.
- in place of l (left), you get a s (start) - for classes that set margin-left or padding-left in LTR, margin-right or padding-right in RTL
- in place of r (right), you get a e (end)- for classes that set margin-right or padding-right in LTR, margin-left or padding-left in RTL
The below change is only valid for the default bootstrap theme, not for third theme stylesheet such as bootswatch
The colors have changed in the default Bootstrap them to add more contrast. Unfortunately, it means that the default colors are more bright.
Example with the info color
|Bootstrap 4||Bootstrap 5|
This section lists the changes preserved by ComboStrap.
The following elements are deleted in Bootstrap 5 but preserved in Combostrap.
- The bs namespace has been added to all variables:
- color names. We maintain the old color scheme without the prefix name by applying the new prefix transparently.
For more information, see the whole migration documentation at Bootstrap