The namespace of a page is the equivalent of a directory in the page system.
- If the path of your page is group:category:page-name
- It's namespace is group:category
- A namespace may have a namespace. In the example above: the category namespace belongs to the namespace group
- They all materialize in a directory in a directory (ie the directory group has the child directory category)
The namespace is a hierarchical data and is therefore used:
- in the hierarchical breadcrumb
- in the page view analytics to group views by namespace